Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Reflective essay

  
Have you ever done mean things to others?In the movie, 'Spring, summer,fall,winter and summer', Young monk ties a rock to frog,fish and a snake. The old monk ties a rock to the young monk and orders him to free all of those poor animals. The young monk becomes so sorry for the animals and apologizes to the animals from the heart. And the movie's first part Spring finishes.
 
   While watching this movie, I remembered my friend's case. One of my friend teased her like "you are very slow!" My friend became very furious and tried to catch her. Suddenly, she tripped over a rock and everyone laughed. Also, I once had a friend who says only bad things about others and she made friendships break. However, they found out and now we don't believe her words.

   In the movie, the old monk keeps looking at the young monk even though he has no transportation to follow him and I think he mentioned the god. The way he used was "an eye for an eye". I think the young monk learned his lesson for that.  I think it was little harsh (the rock was size of computer monitor) but very effective way to make somebody learn lesson.
   
    As a conclusion, I think old monk's strategy of teaching lesson was a good way. The young monk learned  the lesson and he will never forget it again. However, I think this strategy was effective because the young monk is young. If he had used this strategy to older students like about 16 years old, he might have been angry and forget why he is being punished.


1 comment:

  1. Excellent. Very nice paragraphs and wonderful observations. The rock was pretty big (a computer monitor?) but it is true - he learned a lesson he won't forget. I think everyone can remember a lesson they learned when young. When I was young, I took all the wrappers off of the cans in my mom's cupboard. She didn't know what any of them were anymore. So she made me open one and eat whatever was inside it for dinner that night. The rest of my family ate pizza while I ate cold corn. What a lesson!

    Good post.

    ReplyDelete